Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Filmmakers (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Aaaaaaaaaaargh! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27833)

Roderick Usher 02-05-2007 10:05 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

Manager and Agent just called to tell us how they didn't like the latest spec script of ours. That's 3 in a row that they didn't get and won't shop for us.

I'm fucking furious.

We're going to send it out to producers behind their backs. If we sell it, they get bupkiss.:mad:

Despare 02-05-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roderick Usher (Post 546570)
Manager and Agent just called to tell us how they didn't like the latest spec script of ours. That's 3 in a row that they didn't get and won't shop for us.

I'm fucking furious.

We're going to send it out to producers behind their backs. If we sell it, they get bupkiss.:mad:

Hmmmm, maybe time to make a previous rumor a reality?

Roderick Usher 02-05-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 546584)
Hmmmm, maybe time to make a previous rumor a reality?

You're reading my mind

Vodstok 02-05-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

I'm fucking furious.

The manager and the agent didnt like it so THEy are refusing to even pitch it? Seems very much like the employee trying to order around the boss... Does it usually work like that?

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-05-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

I'm fucking furious.

maybe you should stop writing unsellable garbage huh? ;)

that kind of sucks though, you probably should find new ones. Even though they did almost get you that sweet job writing Bloodrayne II.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-05-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodstok (Post 546651)
The manager and the agent didnt like it so THEy are refusing to even pitch it? Seems very much like the employee trying to order around the boss... Does it usually work like that?

yeah, I don't know how "the biz" works but I think they're both asking to be fired.

Roderick Usher 02-05-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodstok (Post 546651)

yeah, it works like that all the time.

An agent or manager won't go out with something that they don't think will sell. It's that simple. If they get a reputation as the person who shops material that the market doesn't want - they're screwed.

It's an awful, closed system where the ones with the least creativity have the most power and determine what gets presented to an audience.

This is three scripts in a row that won't be sent to producers. It's a brutal business to which I am hopelessly drawn.

BUT this time I'm going around them. My writing partner and I have made friends with several producers over the last few years and we've sent the script out to them today. If we sell what our reps think was unsellable, they're fired.

alkytrio666 02-05-2007 12:22 PM

Is it Yellow? People just don't get giallo, man.

Roderick Usher 02-05-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkytrio666 (Post 546695)
Is it Yellow? People just don't get giallo, man.

yeah, it's YELLOW

We've got an Italian producer who digs it, so we might still have a chance with it. My writing partner and I are trying to set it up as our directorial debut, since so few understand it - we'll just have to SHOW them how cool it is.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-05-2007 01:03 PM

I would totally watch a cabe man movie called "Aaaaaaaaaaargh!"