Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Dawn of the Dead - 2004 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9802)

LMM 09-09-2004 09:57 PM

Dawn of the Dead - 2004

Hi, this is my 1st post here, hope you can help :)

I'm in the UK and some of the US ratings are a mystery to me...

DOTD is being released here as 'R' rated and directors cut unrated - I can't get an explanation what the difference is - I'm guessing the director's cut is the one to get - anyone clarify this for me?

Cheerz in anticipation.

Hate_Breeder 09-09-2004 10:03 PM

Yeah i would get directors cut. Although i dont know what the new Dawn is like, having never seen it. But there is also a 4 disc coming out soon. You might wanna ask one of the other UK's around here like Zwoti(if hes still here..) or ShankS(if hes still here..) I hope i helped a little.....OH and welcome to the site. Hope you have fun. And happy posting :)

Distorty 09-09-2004 10:04 PM

Actually i think the Unrated version will be less "uncut" than the directors cut? Am i right in saying that?
P.s Greetz and welcome to horror.com

Distorty 09-09-2004 10:05 PM

I meant to say the unrated ver will be more "uncut" im a little confused hehehe

LMM 09-09-2004 10:08 PM

thats 2 of us then - thanx for the welcome :D

kpropain 09-09-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
But there is also a 4 disc coming out soon.
The 4 disc version is for the original Dawn not the 2004 version.;)

Distorty 09-09-2004 10:45 PM

*cries* I wish i didnt buy the divimax now.

Preacher 09-10-2004 01:21 AM

I wouldn't bother gettin it. Get 28 Days Later instead.

Px

Vodstok 09-10-2004 03:41 AM

get both. the new Dawn and 28 days later are 2 different sides to the same coin. i love them both. I cant wait for the new one on dvd (i have an excellent copy from bit-torrent, but i would like a REAL copy...)

ghostwalker 09-10-2004 04:10 AM

Re: Dawn of the Dead - 2004

Quote:

Originally posted by LMM
Hi, this is my 1st post here, hope you can help :)

I'm in the UK and some of the US ratings are a mystery to me...

DOTD is being released here as 'R' rated and directors cut unrated - I can't get an explanation what the difference is - I'm guessing the director's cut is the one to get - anyone clarify this for me?

Cheerz in anticipation.

Rated R means you will see some tits and ass, and decent amount of gore. The unrated director's cut normally in general aren't much different. Can't say anything specific about DOTD '04
but directors will probably have extended scenes, and maybe some formerly deleted scenes the R verision doesnt. In general there isn't much difference, but can have some nice surprises depending on what the director/studio decides to put out. A classic example would be the ending of the Director's cut of Army of Darkness which is compeltely different then the normal video verision. Yr best bet is to read up on the differences.