View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 01:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
The Black Cat (1934)

My girlfriend hates Horror movies. Over the last few years I've tried to slowly introduce her to them. We started simple with the original Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, Creature From The Black Lagoon (which she screamed at several times at the top of her lungs).

Then we tried the Blob and the original Night Of The Living Dead which scared the crap out of her and ended our watching of anything remotely scary for a while.

I tried a little different approach and went with Bubba-Ho-Tep which she enjoyed and Fright Night which she enjoyed but scared her.

Last year a local theater was doing flashback cinema around Halloween with the original Nightmare On Elm St. which I always wanted to see on the "Big Screen". For some reason she agreed to go with me and she had nightmares for weeks...lol. Since then she has pretty much refused to watch anything scary so this year I am going back to the classics.

We'll probably try a few more Boris/Bela films over the next week and I still need to show her Son Of Frankenstein. I'd like to show her a Vincent Price film, but having trouble deciding which one. Witchfinder General and Dr. Phibes are definitely out
It's funny, you say, "My girlfriend hates Horror movies.", and then you write all the horror films you've had her watch.

Did she watch The Black Cat? What'd she think? It's a classic, even a bit artsy.

If she liked Fright Night and Frankenstein, she might like Arachnophobia, Son of Frankenstein (1939) funny and classic!, Ghostbusters, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1954), Evil Dead 2, Shawn of the Dead, Incredible Shrinking Man, Lost Boys, Young Frankenstein (must watch Son of Frankenstein first to get all the parody), and Suburbia.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-02-2020 at 01:59 PM.