View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 04:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
I’m bumping this comment because what you said here is why I dislike most horror (or all movies really). I just don’t give a shit about the characters in most movies/shows. I just recently abandoned Archive 81 because the main character has zero personality.

I’m gonna have to watch Session 9 now I guess.
I'm totally in agreement with you there's a big lag overall in series and movies where you can really care about the characters. Lack of basically good people being really good; and characters not having enough characterization. And most important, a lack of seeing a character change because of their experiences in the film.

The Archive main character is reserved... and determined, willing to take risks, not afraid to get to uncomfortable truths, willing to experience 'supernatural' experiences. Those are character/personality traits. But I will give you his background is a bit lacking where the series does need to make up a bit for his reserved personality.

But I'm a bit more of a sci-fi and mystery lover than horror or boiling-over personalities' type of guy. So I'm digging Archive so far.