View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Scares Little Kids

Lightbulb The Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Okay, there were two versions ... right? The original (1950s) & the remake. The original stars Kevin McCarthy, is in black & white ... the remake stars Donald Sutherland & is in color.

I prefer the ORIGINAL. I "enjoy" the remake, but give me a break, there's no comparison. The very premise of the original is classic.

I figure these comments are bound to incite controversy, different opinions, etc.

One more thing. Heinlein (I believe) wrote a story years before called "The Puppet Masters." Similar premise: body snatching invaders from out of space. There's a movie (DVD)out of that also. Interestingly enough, the movie also stars Donald Sutherland.

Albert Finney wrote the short story, "Body Snatchers." To tell you the truth, when I first saw (& later read) the "Puppet Masters," I was crushed. I'd always praised Finney for his originality in penning my favorite horror tale. Then I read Heinlein's earlier version. Was Finney, thus, a plagarist?

It is of such conundrums that life is composed.

I await responses. I imagine I have left myself open to abuse, slander, and ridicule by being so bold as to express my opinions. That's cool. In the Land of Perpetual Night, are we fiends not all one big happy family?

The Omniscient Count has spoken! :cool: