View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
MANGLER: REBORN
Trailer up at upcominghorrormovies.com , looks changed, but still shithouse...then again, I thought the first one was complete garbage too. No need for this one.

Quote:
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4&5
Trailers also up at the same site, they don't look great...kinda tele-movie.

Quote:
SAW 2
Full Trailer (not just crappy teaser) up at
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw_2/

Quote:
DRACULA 3: LEGACY
This is already out there.

Quote:
CHEATING DEATH: FINAL DESTINATION 3
Rumour has it that said rollercoaster scene will be done in 3d. I just hope they don't 3d the whole movie, that shit fucks with my eyes after about 10 minutes.

Quote:
DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 (IN TALKS)
The supposed follow up to the recent Dawn remake, following the same characters, or, the ones that survived anyhow.
On a seperate matter, apparently Romero is considering making one (or potentially even two) more films in his "dead" series, for the first time, the storyline of at least the first film will follow on from the last film "land of the dead".

Quote:
DAY OF THE DEAD 2: CONTAGIUM
I have it.
More prequel than sequel, if even that.
Pretty rubbishy. Low budget AND bad acting, not a great storyline...however, some of the zombies are pretty decent, the gore is nice. Don't watch expecting any great effects though...I mean, there's freakin' toy-looking guns, and superimposed helicopter/military vehicles over moving scenery in parts. If you wanna see some zombies get blasted, that's all this is really worth.

Quote:
It just doesn't make sense...it's like they said: "OK, the first was a huge success, now considered a masterpiece, so 20 years later, lets do it again on a lower budget and with censored graphics!"
Remakes will happen, and people will watch them no matter what happens, how good an idea it seems at the time isn't really part of the consideration someone simply trying to cash in will make.
What do you mean censored graphics?
I assume they're going to make a miniseries of it...and that's not all bad, in fact, some things are better off this way than movie format remakes. Gives further room for exploration of ideas beyond the initial concept. I wouldn't say in any case that it will be on a lower budget....more than likely much higher if anyone actually gets the go-ahead to do it. TV is fast catching up to cinema in terms of quality, and writing....this is one of the high points of the list, IMO.