View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumfuck View Post
I expected so much more from George A. Romero, before the movie was released he went out and said that this movie is to show everyone how zombie movies should be made. Did anyone else notice all the flaws:
A) In the script
B) How zombies were able to "think"
C) In the way that the zombies were able to survive under water
Can anyone give me some insight towards all this. Maybe that might help me understand the movie and I might not think it sucks so much.
About the script...I don't have a comment for that one...I thought it was fine (of course, it's been a while now since I watched this one...I have seen literally hundreds of horror movies since I watched this...I'm sure that I don't remember every detail...I DO remember thinking that some of the key characters did some really stupid things...).

As for 'thinking'...They were human, and in many zombie movies, they retain much of the habits and routines from their former lives (as in the original Dawn Of The Dead)...It may also have to do with instinct...They need to feed, they have to find a way to do that...Even animals can 'think' enough to be able to obtain what they need

The underwater thing is a given...No one questioned it in Fulci's 'Zombie'...They're DEAD...They don't exactly need to breathe...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 01-24-2007 at 12:29 PM.