View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Scares Little Kids

As far as remakes go I have to give this a thumbs-up. IMO, most remakes don't match up, like the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The only thing they massacred in that movie was the reputation of an outstanding original. This time ... whew! Great job all around!
Sure, you wanna nit pick about the friggin propane... go right ahead, the rest of the tale certainly made up for that momentary lapse in reasoning. I thought the baby sub-plot really was suspensefull, I mean if that kid came out alive and hence with some type of genetic tolerance to "the bite" you nay-sayers would all be giving standing ovations and jabbering about "innovative plots." SPOILER- However, the kid comes out a ghoul, gets shot, etc... so there's no hope, no attachments, whatever... isn't that the underlying 'theme' (if there is one- whatever happened to just having a good friggin time at a movie??!!)
Hell, I can appreciate that I have no idea how they found the right boat, or that they need only walk over a little hill to get to the mall gripes, but all in all ...... DARE I SAY IT? ..... this was BETTER than the original!!! Oh, who am I kidding, ROTLD is still the most fun zombie flick of all time!!! Still, it beats the tar outta "Gigli"......