View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

my ignorance is on display

Hello horror writer/readers

As some of you know I'm a horror screenwriter. I've written a ton of screenplays, sold a few, even seen a few made. I have a reasonable understanding of how Hollywood works, but I'm out of my depth here.

I've recently been writing some short fiction...and my trusted readers are all pushing me to submit the material for publication. But I have no idea of how to go about this. I've been told to always start at the top and get used to rejection...being enmired in Hollywood, rejection is a way of life for me, so no big deal, so...

First off
Who publishes short horror fiction? Which periodicals are the best? I typically read shorts in anthologies or in collections from a single author and unfamiliar with the horror periodical market. Which horror periodicals do you folks read?

also
How does one go about getting their work read? Is there a good standard query letter template that anyone uses?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon