Thread: Horror Reviews
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 AM
That Hurts Me

The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead is the story of five friends who drive up to an isolated cabin in the Tennessee woods for the weekend and discover that the house's previous occupant had left behind a book of spells bound in human skin, and an audio tape of himself reciting its incantations. Before long, the woods are attacking, people are turning into zombies, and Raimi and Co. are getting the very most blood and gore for their buck.

So what if the acting is bad? I¿ve seen worse. So what if the special effects are less than awesome? This was a pretty low-budget movie, and it shows in a lot of places. But the sheer originality of a lot of the scare shots-- the lightbulb filling up with blood leaps to mind-- overcame that to make a horror classic. You¿ve got to love a film that forces a guy to dismember his own girlfriend with an ax. It¿s that kind of demented, sick humor that takes this film to a new level, and it¿s the reason we still talk about it 17 years later.
7 out of 10

uk.movies.ign.com

In fact, everyone I spoke to has been scared of this film.

You feel sorry for the characters in it.The forest itself is alive and there is no way out.

This film is one of the great horrors like The Omen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Nightmare on Elm Street.The scariest scenes are where the girls are possessed by the demons.

The best horror films are the ones where the characters are in hopeless situations with no easy way out.It really is creepy.Those with a nervous disposition should avoid.