View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Evil Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterj View Post
why would you compare something like that? Everyone has his or hers likes and dislikes. I really liked almost all the sci-fi movies from 90s that i watched. For me it is kinda hard to watch movie and 'feel' the horror when you see cars/atmosphere/people clothes from 70s. You see all those people and think: "cool clothes, disco age, dude, look at his hair" and it is good thing for adventure movie or even comedy, but when you're watching horror you kinda want to image what would you do when something like this happened
Most of the great horror movies are pre-1980. I just think that you're limiting yourself when you refuse to watch them. Sure, I was born in the 80s, but I have come to realize that just because a movie is older, that definitely does not mean that it's inferior. By watching older flicks, you get a better idea of the evolution of film and where we are headed. Plus, I kind of find that the poorer picture quality in itself adds some ambiance to a horror movie and makes it somehow scarier. Excuse the comparison, I'm an oddball and difficult to understand at times :D .