View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 08:49 PM
a people person

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Alot of people dont understand that part, or the significance of neo dieing at the end, so they call it shitty.

He knew the only way to beat mr.smith was to sacrifice himself, ie. he let himself be infected so as he was hooked into the mainframe machine, they had a lock on the smith program. Then the main computer deletes the smith program (you can see it as it sends a jolt of electricity into neo's body).

Thus mr.smith is deleted and all the mr.smiths are destroyed. The movie leaves alot up to interpretation so alot of people dont get it and dont understand it...

Watch how many people respond to this thread saying the movie and the whole series is shit...
thanx arioch i thought it was a ok movie and the fight sene at the end was cool.
i just finished watching it again and before i read this i came up with a theory not as good as yours but here it is
when the orical tells neo that mr smith is hisopisite and the arctect is there to make balence and she is there to make it go out of balence. well what i thought is that she let mr smith take her over because she knew it would throw the matrix off balence when he took over neo, and throwing it out of balence so much as it was would kill him because the matrix needs balence

its hard to explain but i think your theory makes more sence any way