View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Lisa & the Devil (1974)

>>: A-

Shock 'em Dead (1990)

The story of an ultra-geeky nerd who sells his soul to the devil in return for becoming a big-time rock star. He goes from being a loser who makes his living slinging pizzas, to being Angel Martin, the hottest thing on the Sunset.

One heck of a trashy fun! Loved it.:D

>>: B-

The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008)

When justice can’t resolve or detect a crime properly but uses hideous ways of punishment then the justice itself becomes the most dreadful crime on earth. It’s not about the controversial serious issues of a religion, it’s about how far a human being can go & turn himself more than a wicked animal to set up conspiracies & chose the most inhuman & outrageous way to kill a helpless innocent victim of society. I was thinking for a while that I’d like to highly recommend this film to you all but at the end it makes me feel so sad, frustrated & helpless that I’ve changed my mind. Specially the last part of the film when the “judgment” begins & starts to unfold its ugliest face (‘the stoning’ part)…it becomes very disturbing to watch, surely the scenes has the right capacity to make anybody upset whether he or she used to be a fan of watching tortures & gore in films or not.

>>: A