Thread: A Serbian Film
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post
Desensitized much?
We horror fans watch countless of films where people get murdered and die, what's wrong with raping babies?
Hmmm... If I were truly DEsensitized, wouldn't I not be bothered by baby rape? :rolleyes:

I don't think it's so much judging (the word "wrong" implies that I was judging either the makes of the film or its fans) - It's about my own personal tolerance to the subject matter. Just because one is a fan of horror in general doesn't mean that that person is a fanatic about ALL ASPECTS horror. Everyone has their favorite and least favorite sub-genres. Personally, I have an extremely difficult time sitting through torture or exploitation films. I'm not judging those who do - On the contrary, I am still incredibly interested and want to know as much about the subgenre as possible - Since I can't stand to watch, I like to ask those who have seen the films and those who enjoy them. I bumped this thread in particular to get the take of Ferox and EC whom, not only enjoy these films, but also have a considerable knowledge of this genre as a whole so while I don't think I'd ever want to watch the film, I like to know what genre fans truly think of it.

To say We horror fans watch countless of films where people get murdered and die, what's wrong with raping babies? is a glib, annoying over-simplification and I'm not sure what your point is.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!