View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:39 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
Thanks for the write-up Chrono. I think I'll add this one to the list. Would you rec Black Death?
Black Death was incredibly well-done, well-acted and really powerful. The only reason why I haven't been on here recommending it like crazy is that it's also incredibly bleak. Of course, that's the aim of the film, but I felt a little beat-over-the-head with its anti-religious sentiment (as someone who is an Atheist, they were preaching to the choir).

Anyway - It's a very well-done film that is incredibly INCREDIBLY bleak - It's hard to recommend a film that made me feel incredibly depressed, you know? :p I can't say, "Yeah, Tony, you'd enjoy it." ;)

But, yes, in a sense, I'd recommend Black Death - Powerful and epic little film. Definitely worth seeing. Would love to hear your feedback on both that and Sauna.

Glad you enjoyed Sauna too, Roshiq - It was such a surprise; rented it randomly after Rue Morgue Magazine gave it a positive review... I didn't realize that it was going to be such a period piece... And I really liked that aspect of it. The acting was incredible too.