View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Agree, agree, agree!!

I loved Home Movie - Incredibly underrated and overlooked - Talk about a disturbing slow-burner - One of the best "Found Footage" films that I've ever scene.

Also loved Paranormal Activity, though I wish that I had watched it at home instead of in the theater - I had the misfortune of being accompanied by an incredibly annoying audience. :mad: I'll need to watch it again - Alone, in the dark of my apartment. :D

To be honest, whenever I look back and think about movies that truly scared me, Blair Witch Project is definitely at the top of my list - I found that movie absolutely horrifying and loved how it intertwined the interviews with "local lore" to build up to that iconic climactic scene - I'd say that, of all of the movies mentioned, this is my hands-down absolute favorite.

It's a shame that no one seems to like Lake Mungo as much as I did. Aside from it's ridiculously terrible name, I thought that this was a fantastic creepy slow-burner that really gave me goose bumps. NE - I do think you'd like this if you haven't seen it - The Horrorfest films have been appearing free on Comcast lately, so it's possible that it might be available now if you want to check it out.

As for Rec vs. Quarantine, this is one of those few scenarios where I actually liked the remake better, only because I liked its change on the ending more than the original. Both good films, though it's too bad that the heroine was so friggin annoying (in both of them, no less!).

Cloverfield I need to watch again - For some reason my boyfriend invited his friggin family when we want to see it and they kinda talk through movies. BAH. :mad: Pissed me off. I need to watch it again.

Trollhunter was an absolute blast, though I think it dragged a bit. Regardless, I think it's a fun watch.

The Last Exorcism was kinda silly - I wasn't a huge fan, maybe because it was talked up A LOT prior to my seeing it... I guess I was disappointed, but that's what happens when you have high expectations. It wasn't bad - I just couldn't always suspend my disbelief.

Has anyone seen Yellowbrickroad? Such an odd little flick - Incredibly uneven, but I feel like it actually had quite a bit of potential. A bit silly, but there were parts of it that I liked a lot. My boyfriend liked it more than I did, but ultimately it did have us talking for hours afterward, so I guess that's a good thing.

I haven't seen The Poughkeepsie Tapes - Can't get my hands on it... But I really really want to see it.

I haven't finished Monsters yet, but I liked what I saw.

I guess my absolute favorites in the genre:
  • Blair With Project
  • Home Movie
  • Paranormal Activity
  • Quarantine
  • Cloverfield
Poughkeepsie tapes seems to be pretty hard to find. I lucked out.

I actually agree with you on REC. I actually liked the ending of Quarantine better then REC but with the inclusion of the second one i have to say i like the REC series better then Quarantine. On its own though, i would say i prefer Quarantine.

Also just to clarify again, its Monster not Monsters. Two different films and only one of them is found footage.