View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
I don't think there is anything really special about that era of horror, not that those movies are bad, on the contrary they are terrific films. I think it is simply the movies that affected you the most because they came out at a time in your life when you were most impressionable to that sort of stuff. I'm guessing you were 13, 14, 15 around that time? I think the same is true for many if not all of us. If something grabs you in those formative years, it does not let go easily.
I get what you are saying but I always felt that the 70s/80s were the "birth" of horror films (I was born in 1970). Yes, that is just a matter of opinion. I think it's awesome that I had the opportunity to scare myself for the first time by watching The Exorcist late at night, all by myself, in the dark....it scared the crap out of me!! I think that some of the best horror movies ever came from the 70s/80s!! You're right, it was a very impressionable time in my life and I loved it!!