View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 10:51 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Goodnight Mommy (2014)

Predictable & not actually 'scary' but still this is a very beautifully shot, 'Michael Haneke' inspired good psychological horror flick. Though there were different sort of hints & clues throughout the movie, yet it left unanswered couple of basic questions regarding the situation in the family...i.e. why the boys left alone in the first place while their mother was in the hospital & going through the surgery? Where is or what happened to the father? I think those issues could be resolved just in one or two lines or shots. Still an intense build up that keeps you guessing who is the actual terror here--the mom or the kids?, a macabre last half an hour as well as excellent direction & cinematography all over made it a great watch. I loved it but only like to recommend for the fans of psychological horror.

>>: A- .
"Goodnight Mommy" 7/10

Too much dialogue for my taste.

Heh, just kidding.

Well made, well acted and very predictable indeed. I actually expected it to be more twisty. If the movie just wasn't so damn excruciatingly slow I would've given it an 8/10. But my god!! That's what happens when you only have material for half a movie.

But lovely kids.

Thumb resize.

20 years later.

Thumb resize.