View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
I really like the concept of keeping many of the original actors and making the second season totally unrelated to the first. I've seen some people angry that the second season is a different story but I think it works perfectly and will keep more people watching in the long run. The first season was great but if they had continued with the original story it would have just become boring and the show would have imploded on itself- not to mention that I really like the idea of some horror stories being unresolved (ex: not getting rid of all of the ghosts, killers not being caught, devil babies being cared for, etc). The fact there's going to be a completely new story has me really excited since the first season was done so well and in this upcoming season, we'll be able to see how well the actors from season 1 can play a totally new character in a new set of circumstances.

Also, I just really like asylum stories.
Yeah, I think this format is actually necessary for something like American Horror Story to work. I feel like a show that's so completely bizarre and unhinged and hyper-dramatic would reach something of a critical mass after about a season, so it's definitely smart to completely reset after each season to keep it interesting.