View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 03:36 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Angel
You know...I liked both shows but ended up thinking Angel was the superior of the two...a great example of a spin-off with an entirely new location and (most of) cast of characters.
It's really weird how it got cancelled, apparently the ratings were top notch - no doubt it was something to do with Fox and Whedon butting heads...I mean they shut down Firefly because he stood by his character decisions. Lame.

You know...I still remember two scenes with absolute clarity...
Angel trying to smother Wesley, the shit was so abrupt - I was wasted at the time and just watching like "what the fuck is happening???"

Then of course "You are my sunshine"...gah. Killed me.

Even though there was a comic continuation written in part by Whedon, picked up right after the cliffhanger and while it was pretty interesting it wasn't quite the same. I've often hoped they'd make one of those voiced over moving motion comics like "astonishing x-men" on dvd/bluray, will probably never happen though.

I've been watching through season 2 of "The Runaways". I'm thus far liking it a little more than the first one, though yeah they've changed this quite a bit from the source material. It's not the best adaptation, but it doesn't suck.

What else, oh yeah The Orville is back. Entertaining as always, even though I haven't found either of the first two episodes to be hugely stand out.
It's still warm and funny, and super easy to watch.
Again, after seeing McFarlanes other shows...I really admire his restraint he's showed in not making this joke-a-minute.
Anyone else pick up on who the barman was?

Waiting for "The Rookie" to come back.