Thread: Earthworm Jim
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 04:00 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Here is where I read the news originally.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom...-amico.114527/

You can search that site via other search engines. There are a few topics there. Plus the wiki on the guy. I just don't like giving money to people that support stuff not only that I disagree with. But stuff that shouldn't be a problem at all.
Thanks for the link! I read a lot of the comments. Yep, you must be talking about doug tennapel. They accuse him of being "a ____", and a that, but no links. I did some of my own research, and I found a article that gives links, but doug didn't write what they say he said. I read a couple articles he wrote for breitbart (that they linked) and he just has some "conservative" views. He hasn't called on anyone being killed, jailed, physically attacked, or silenced. I might not agree with all or any of his views, but I find it weird there's anyone saying people shouldn't do business with him, or the people he does bus with.

You know, in a representative democracy the citizens are supposed to present and discuss differing views on governance, philosophy, morality, etc, and in the discussion people explore, lean and evolve on the complicated issues. This discussion process is essential. In debates people will take a side, even if they don't entirely agree with it, in order to learn get to truth. If we demonize an individual offering a view point, trying to ruin them financially, instead of countering their viewpoint, we destroy this essential process, and create 'civil war sides'.

Of course vocally disagreeing with views is going on both ways, and nothing wrong with people taking their business elsewhere. I think of not buying clothes from a company that poorly treats it's employees or the environment. I'm just a bit surprised it extends to a complicated assortment of common social views.

Last edited by Sculpt; 05-18-2019 at 10:50 AM.