View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 04:36 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro13 View Post
I love all three flicks myself, but The Beyond is my fav. Watching the 12yr old version of the girl from Wendy’s getting a soft ball sized hole blown through her skull is alone worth the price of admission, I also just love the overall bleak and nightmarish atmosphere, also Cinzia Monreale is hauntingly alluring in her portrayal of blind Emily. Though, the zombies in the end were not supposed to be in this movie. Fulci originally envisioned a more supernatural and surreal film, but the German distributors ( banking on his previous Zombi success ) forced him to add zombies. Still a great overall film, but the sudden shift in gear tone towards the end is a bit jarring. Also, I’m pretty sure Fulci purposely made the doc shoot the zombies everywhere BUT the head just to fuck with everyone, lol.

But I’m glad you got to see all three films. You’ve finished Fulci’s “ Trilogy of Death “... Cuz y’know, he only ever made three films that had anything to do with death...
Well thanks to you I got to see "The Beyond". And the soundtrack of all of them definitely adds a throbbing and claustrophobic lovely feeling to the three.