View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 7

Fade to an aerial shot of the town. The sun is slowly setting, turning the sky a red-purple color. Fade to a shot of an old Blue Volkswagen Camper T1 driving fast through the town. Chronogrl is driving, whilst Massacre Man lays down in the bag. He pops open a can of Lager. Chronogrl looks very agitated.

Chronogrl: Seriously, why didn't you think of this before?

Massacre Man: I thought we still had Dad's old overalls!

Chronogrl: Yeh, maybe if you hadn't have pulled your little stunt last year-

Massacre Man: Geddy said it'd work, I was suggestable.

Chronogrl: You were drunk. But even then, how could you think setting your hand on fire would be a good idea?

Massacre Man: It did look cool! And the aerosol did stop the burning.

Chronogrl: Until it reached your sleeve.

He laughs slightly in the back, and takes a few gulps of his beer.

Chronogrl: Glad you're finding this funny. Honestly, do you really need to dress up?

He sits up, and looks at her as though she's just punched him in the face.

Massacre Man: It's Halloween! Michael Myers will be done justice!

Chronogrl: Ugh, you're so lame.

She shakes her head in disbelief.

Massacre Man: It's tradition, anyway! Dress up, walk around scaring kids for an hour then go over to Geddy's for a few cold ones.

Chronogrl: Hell, I can't believe it, but that sounds more sad than trick or treating.

Massacre Man: Whatever...just keep driving.

Chronogrl: How did I let you talk me into this?

Massacre Man: I exploited your suggestible nature, big sis.

Chronogrl: Oh, wait, I remember. Twenty bucks wasn't it? Suggestable nature my ass.

Massacre Man: Worth a try...

He finished the drink and throws it onto the floor of the camper. Chronogrl almost gasps.

Chronogrl: Pick that up!

Massacre Man: Pick what up?

Chronogrl: You know what, you little twerp!

Massacre Man: Come over here and we'll see who's really little.

He sniggers.

Chronogrl: Pick it up!

Massacre Man leans one of his long arms across and picks it up, then throws it out the window. The car behind beeps it's horn.

Chronogrl: Make it twenty five!

Massacre Man: Fuck you!

Chronogrl: Hey! I deserve it, spending more than five minutes in a car with you. I wouldn't have to if you just bought your own. Mum paid for those lessons!

Massacre Man: Meh. I'd just roll that one over too. You could always let me drive this.

Chronogrl doesn't reply, instead turns up the car radio. Massacre Man laughs and lays his head back in the car. Fade to an outside shot of "Flor*Mart". The camper van parks and the siblings get out. Fade to them walking through the store. Chronogrl is holding a shopping basket. Massacre Man puts two pairs of Blue overalls in. Chronogrl looks at him and raises an eyebrow.

Massacre Man: Geddy might have a new magic trick.

She smiles and carries on walking. They pass the freezer area and she puts some mincemeat in the basket. As she does, a whole in the plastic lets the blood drip out. It goes onto her bag.

Chronogrl: Ah, crap...

Out of nowhere, a man in a man is a green t-shirt runs past grabbing her bag. Massacre Man, who was browsing posters turns and runs after the man. As he does so, Chronogrl runs past him, diving on the man. She pins him to the floor, pushing his head to the ground.

Chronogrl: Bastard stole my-

She screams out in pain as the man bites her finger, drawing blood.

Massacre Man: What the fuck?!

The Flor*Mart guards run to the man, holding him down so Chronogrl can get up. Fade to Chronogrl and Massacre Man standing at the front of the store. A man in a suit hands her a cheque.

Man: Once again, sincerest apologies. I only hope this covers it.

Chronogrl: Don't worry, it wasn't you fa-

Massacre Man: Fuck no, it doesn't! Look at her hand!

Massacre Man lifts her bandaged hand up.

Chronogrl: Mass!

She turns back to the store manager.

Chronogrl: It's fine. I'll be seeing you!

The man nods and walks back into the store. Massacre Man and Chronogrl start back to the van.

Massacre Man: Flor Mart are loaded! They can afford more than that!

Chronogrl: I used to work there, I have to keep some loyalty.

Massacre Man: You're such a pussy.

A hand wearing fingerless gloves pulls Chronogrl round by her shoulder. It's Scouse Mac. He still has his satchel.

Massacre Man: Dude, what the fuck?!

Chronogrl: Mr. Ma-

Massacre Man: Hold on? Aren't you the douchebag homeless guy from earlier? Too good for handouts?!

Scouse Mac: I was busy. Can I see your hand, Chronogrl.

Chronogrl: Pardon?

Massacre Man: You know each other?

Chronogrl: Mass, it's Mr. Mac.

Massacre Man looks blankly at her.

Chronogrl: Ah, right. He left before you came up to Herrerville High. He was my old History teacher.

Scouse Mac: Please, can I see your hand. It's important. I saw what happened in there.

Chronogrl: I...guess.

She holds up her hand.

Scouse Mac: Remove the bandage.

Massacre Man: Are you high? She just got a chunk bit out of the side of her finger!

Scouse Mac: Yes, she did. And now I need to see it.

Chronogrl: It's okay, Mass. I trust him.

She takes off the bandage.

Massacre Man: CHRIST!

Scouse Mac: Oh dead...just as I feared.

The wound has already been overcome with black scabs.

Chronogrl: What's happened to me.

Scouse Mac: If I told you now, you wouldn't let me help you...but I can, trust me. But only if we act fast. Do you know the garages on Deth Road?

She nods.

Scouse Mac: We need to get there...now!

Chronogrl looks to Massacre Man, then back at Scouse Mac and nods. They get into her van and drive away. Fade to inside the store, in a back room. The man in the green t-shirt is tied down to a chair, snarling. The whites of his eyes are purple. The store manager walks in.

Manager: What on earth is wrong with him? Rabies?

A security guard turns to the manager and shakes his head.

Guard: I seen rabies, and this ain't it!

The Manager thinks for a moment.

Manager: Okay...Okay. This is what we're gonna do.

He signals for the guard to come closer. They turn to face the door.

Manager: He might be able to still hear us...anyway. I'll phone the police and the paramedics. Meanwhile, I want you to get a knife from the back room and cut your hand.

Guard: What?

Manager: You guys acted way to slow. We want to appear like victims here...say he had a knife and attacked you. Make it look bad, but not fatal.

Guard: Have you lo-

Manager: No, I'm very much sane. Look, you will be compensated for this.

Guard: Oh...okay. I'll do it. Heh. Just realized one good thing. At least he's stopped snarling!

Both men's eyes widen, and they turn back to where the man was sitting. He has broken free of the chair, and is standing still, breathing heavily. Before either man can react, the man in the green shirt runs and dives at them. The screen cuts to black, with the sound of their struggling and screaming still playing. Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...