View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 12:16 PM
Living Dead

black metal fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley 9/18/21 Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion Gilford NH

Good double bill that was pretty good, despite the aggravation of getting decent tickets and the all but extortionary fees that LiveNation tacks on. Crowd was cool, but could smell pungent cheap weed throughout, especially when the row in front of us was handing a joint off up and down the line.

I loved KISS back in the day (still enjoy those albums) and think Ace is a good guitar slinger with a unique vibrato style, but He really has not progressed as a player since the late 70's. Decent playing though with a good band, but only 8 songs played with only one new one (in a medley) and very heavy on KISS material. Oddly, He wrote many decent songs in his tenure, but bypassed a lot to play songs like "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City" and "Deuce". "Rocket Ride", "Cold Gin" and "Parasite" (especially) rocked great, but where was "Rip It Out", "Rock Soldiers" or "Strange Ways"?

I don't think Alice can play a bad show and good form last night, using the cool stage from the last tour. At first thought He was going to play the same show as last time, but three new songs from DETROIT STORIES and very nice hearing "He's Back (The Man behind The Mask)" -seeing Jason Voorhees as well. Solid set with his excellent band who all rocked out and seemed to be almost giddy to be playing again, especially Nita Strauss whose exuberance was contagious.
I don't pay any attention to Alice Cooper anymore since he has become a Christian.