View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
One thing I actually do not agree with is the do not post to many threads or posts point. I am not saying spam the forum or post irrelevant things, however a forum with slowed down activity like this one need every post it can get

There was a point in time when we had members who would literally start 20 threads at once about ridiculous things in the forums. It would bump other new threads off of the front page and it became very frustrating. Nothing against anyone starting five or six new threads every day. It was the constant starting of multiple threads like "What's your favorite soda?" day after day that became too much for people to bare.

Quote:
One question though about searching. As a new member I might want to discuss something which have been discussed before, what is then best, starting a new thread or finding the old thread and resurrecting it?
Up to you. That suggestion was in place to stop the constant influx of new threads covering a topic that was two days old. I personally have nothing against resurrected threads. The whole point was to make sure that there wasn't a thread four pages back on the same topic or that the topic hadn't been done 40 different times. I really don't see the problem with starting a new thread about a subject that has already been talked about multiple times as long as you call out the fact that you want to start a new one at the beginning of the thread.