View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 06:54 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I played through the original version of Sleeping Dogs on PS3.
Kind of like elements of shenmue and saints row put together.
Play length was a bit on the short side, but the storyline was ok, the setting seemed authentic enough. It was fun. The dialogue was good.
The definitive Edition is something I've thought about getting, even having played right though it.

If you're into checking out some of the remastered last gen stuff, can I suggest "Bulletstorm - Full Clip edition".
Original was great...an fps that had a storyline and setting that felt unique.
If you basically want to play a sci-fi mad max? Check it out.

Now all I need is an ENSLAVED remaster.
I dunno about all those but I enjoy the authentic Japanese experience in games like Yakuza and Way of the Samurai, and I did enjoy what little I played of Sleeping Dogs for the PS3 even though I felt it was a bit Westernized for a game set in Hong Kong. Maybe it's because everybody was speaking English while throwing in a few Cantonese cuss words.

But I did think it was kind of similar to the Yakuza games which was pretty cool. You had food vendors, gambling (in the form of cockfighting), a karaoke bar, and even sexy massage parlors. The one thing this game had that the Yakuza games did not was driving and racing.

Hell, this game even had a bunch of random ladies that you could date like the ones in the Hostess Clubs for the Yakuza games. But I kind of liked the hostess clubs better because you got to do more with the ladies like buy them expensive gifts and take them out around town. In Sleeping Dogs you do a very short scripted substory for each girlfriend and then they are quickly forgotten about. It seemed kind of pointless to me.