View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 08:14 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
I also looked back at this one, and it is also more amazing than I remembered. This is definitely a timeless classic that never gets too old. One scene I had forgotten about is when they go rafting on his island, then get attacked by a dinosaur that looks like the Loch Ness Monster. Another scene that was scarier and more intense than I remembered is when he stormed through the village, picking up, throwing down, and stomping on the natives. His battle with that winged serpent is always an epic memorable scene, along with when he escapes the chains on stage, and storms off into the city, as well as when he picks up the train and shakes it. Even the near ending scene of the shadow man tripping and falling off the top of the Empire State Building is done with style and has a good classic appeal to it. This is definitely one of the better monster movies ever made.
Yeah, cool stuff. When I saw it on TV, basically all the village people being killed was cut. So seeing that for the first time as an adult was bizarre.

You mentioned Kong's fight with a 'winged serpent'? Are you talking about his fight with the Pterodactyl (Pterodactylus) on the mountain cliff, just before they man and woman rope down off it? Or you talking about the snake with little flippers Kong fights inside the cave? Or something else?