View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 5

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the woods. Fade to the road that Ferretchucker was attacked on. Hammerfan's car speeds down it. She's listening to the classical music still. She pulls a small black book out of her pocket, opens it up with one hand and uses a pen from the middle compartment of the car to cross of "Roshiq" from a list of names. Also on the list is the name "The Flayed One" with a tick next to it. She throws the book down, then glances up, catching site of something in her rear view mirror. A black horse runs across the road behind her. In less than a second.

Hammerfan: What on Earth?

The car bumps. She's run something over. She stops the car, and looks in the mirror. The hobo that Ferretchucker killed earlier is laying in the road.

Hammerfan: Oh dear...that has put me in a bit of a pickle.

She climbs out of the car, and walks to the trunk. From inside she takes out a pair of gloves and a bin bag. She walks over to the body and takes a look. The head that was there earlier, albeit bashed in by ferretchucker has been sliced off and removed at the throat. She stops, and looks around for a moment suspiciously. Then, shrugs it off, and begins hurriedly dragging the body over to the car.

Hammerfan: Jesus...smells worse than usual.

She sighs, then pulls the bin bag over the body and hauls it into the trunk of the car and climbs back into the drivers seat. From the glove compartment, Hammerfan takes out an old mobile phone, scrolling down the list of contacts until she reaches "Neverending". She phones him.

Hammerfan: Hello dear, could you just pop the oven on?...Yes...It happened again...I know, I know, but I was distracted...let's see if you're talking like that tonight...can I remind of last year...Fifteen? More like ten. I swear, you used to be able to take a beating...okay, love you too. Bye.

She hangs up the phone, then begins driving again. Fade Doc Faustus walking through the town. He passes the graveyard, just as the homeless man who ignored Massacre Man walks out of it. He has red stains on his shirt. Doc looks at him for a few seconds and raises an eyebrow. The man rummages in his satchel and pulls out an empty can of Tomato soup.

Doc Faustus: Uh huh...whatever.

He pauses for a moment.

Doc Faustus: Didn't you come on my show a few years ago?

The man remains silent.

Doc Faustus: Yeh...you're the nutcase who assured us that the monsters were plotting. Mac!

Scouse Man: Scouse Mac...I'm proud of my heritage.

He speaks with a strong (a hence, barely distinguishable) Liverpudlian accent.

Doc Faustus: Right...so...where are they then?

Scouse Man: You'll see soon enough.

Scouse Mac turns and walks away.

Doc Faustus: Wow. A homeless guy turned his back on me. Maybe I have hit rock bottom...

Scouse Mac turns around and smiles slightly.

Scouse Mac: Make jokes, go on your little tv show and go home. See how well it protects you tonight. Now, really, I have to go.

Doc Faustus laughs and waves at Scouse Mac.

Doc Faustus: Of course. Places to beg, people to scrounge off?

He shakes his head to himself as he turns and walks in a different direction. Scouse Mac looks into his satchel. Inside, amongst a garden fork and a rusty knife is a pale festering human hand. He speaks to himself.

Scouse Mac: See how well it protects you tonight...

Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...