View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 AM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
Film MOI

That is an EXCELLENT list of movies!

I agree with you 100%.

I love all of the very atmospheric Val Lewton films. I have the set of 7 films on DVD of Val Lewton's masterpieces, with I Walked With A Zombie, The Cat People & The Leopard Man heading the list.

Both Seance On A Wet Afternoon and The Haunting are superior films. I still need to get Seance for my collection.

The Uninvited is probably the best ghost story going ( and no gore!). Great atmosphere and chills.

The Laughton version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite and I never get tired of looking at it.

I have The Devil & Daniel Webster on VHS and it has a scrambler so I cannot transfer it to DVD. The DVD version is VERY expensive. This too is another great movie and fantasy and it stars one of my favorites, Edward Arnold.

I list Night of The Demon as my favorite horror movie. One of the most atmospheric and chilling ever.

The Thing from 1951 is one of the first major 50's sci fi movies and one of the best. 'Keep Watching The Skies"

The Old dark House with Karloff & Laughton is appropriately creepy.

Everything else on the list ( there are a couple I am unfamiliar with) are appropriately chosen.

Recommendations:

The Day The Earth Stood Still ( a superior & intelligent Sci fi film)

The Man From Planet X ( creepy alien visitor film set on Scottish moors)

The Devil Doll (Lionel Barrymore) - I have blogged on this one

Freaks

White Zombie

Well, that's it!

You and I have similar taste in films.

Countess Marya

The Countess