View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Nope. Never even heard of it. What version of the game was it on?

The first one?
In my opinion, this was the best one for the simple reason that it blended military kind of shooters with more sci-fi elements. None of the rest of them have done that and while I've never played one through none have really appealed all that greatly.
Maybe the one called "Primal"?
I have 3 & 4 here, I'll probably put some time in at one stage.

Though yeah if you haven't played FC1, and you can get yourself a copy?
Very rewarding game.

I'd like to add: PORTAL and PREY (The first one, not the current borefest).
Really wish PREY got that sequel they intended...the trailer looked very fun.
Unwheel was a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. The physics/handling was different, and sensitive, for each car. Had to pick the right car for the right terrain. They had CTF and one where you pushed a big metal ball into a goal. That was blast.

I just played the demo of the first Far Cry. It was pretty nifty, but like you, it didn't grab my attention at the time.

Yeah, Portal was great! I had played the Half-Life games, so I was already a little familiar with the physics. But that game was a lot of fun! I think I played thru Portal 2 too, but I can't even remember. I was about done with the experience by the time I finished the first Portal, it was just the right length. It's still on my Steam.

Rather I was a big COD4 MP player on steam. Liked team deathmatch, keeping it somewhere between 2v2 to 4v4, anymore than 8 players starts getting too chaotic for my tastes.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-16-2019 at 06:14 PM.