View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Not my favorite of his either but for a different reason than yours, I actually didn't think it was boring at all, in fact it was really good but I hate Deus Ex Machina. You build up this great story and then end it with "God saved the day. The End".
See i didn't think that it was built up all that well. That's why i liked the ending. Not the actual ending i should say, but the last part of the book where they finally decide to go after Flagg. That's what i liked. That part was actually interesting and yeah i'll agree with you that everything they did seemed kinda pointless especially Stu even going with them in the first place but compared to the rest of the book it was actually interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
weird, you thought it was average and then liked the ending :confused: i thought that was the most shitest part of all.
i read that book like 10 years ago and thought it was awsome,but all the good books iv read since then,i think i could say now that it was long and boring.its actually cool to hear someone say it sucked coz,it almost seemed like ya had to say it was good for fear of being frowned upon if you said it was bad for awhile there
I know what you mean. Everyones always saying how great that book is and i just don't see it so it's gotta be like you said.