View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM
For Vendetta

"Carrie" to be remade - AGAIN!

Thirty-five years after Stephen King’s first best-seller roared into theaters and scared a generation of prom-going teens, MGM and Screen Gems have hired playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa to resurrect "Carrie" with a more faithful adaptation of King’s novel, according to Deadline.

But King, who famously disapproved of Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of "The Shining", tells EW he still has a soft spot for Brian De Palma’s original film:

Quote:
“I’ve heard rumblings about a Carrie remake, as I have about The Stand and It. Who knows if it will happen? The real question is why, when the original was so good? I mean, not Casablanca, or anything, but a really good horror-suspense film, much better than the book. Piper Laurie really got her teeth into the bad-mom thing. Although Lindsay Lohan as Carrie White… hmmm. It would certainly be fun to cast. I guess I could get behind it if they turned the project over to one of the Davids: Lynch or Cronenberg.”
Aguirre-Sacasa, who recently rewrote the "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark" script, is an accomplished comic-book author familiar with the King oeuvre; he adapted King’s epic "The Stand" into comic-book form in 2008.