View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:46 AM
The Original Copycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
That right there is why I will NEVER watch it
I totally understand.
It’s hard to get past that stuff, but so many movies did it before the AHA became a thing.

Films like Stagecoach, Ben-Hur, First Blood, and Cimino’s infamous borefest of a flop Heaven’s Gate, all sport scenes and multiple allegations of animal cruelty or death. Hell, the award winning Apocolypse Now features a scene of a water buffalo being hacked to death with a machete on camera. Even modern films are still guilty of it, but they are just more careful about what they show.

Point is, while I certainly don’t enjoy, seek out, or advocate it, it’s something that has happened in a lot of movies and, though despicable and unnecessary in the extreme, it won’t stop me from viewing a flick just because it contains it. But I do completely understand not wanting to see it so blatantly displayed ( I just skip past those scenes in subsequent viewings, never need to see them again ). Though if you or anyone else are curious about the film ( or any others in the genre like Ferox, etc ) there do exist cuts of them that remove the scenes of animal cruelty entirely. Just food for thought.