Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

1 - Do you remember when you first watched it? VHS or DVD
Couple of years back, on dvd.

Quote:

2 - Did you get any feedback (from friends or media) prior to watching it?
As usually plenty of recs from almost every top horror film list online.

Quote:

3 - How was the viewing experience?
Truly one of a kind. Got a 'real' 70's found footage vibe on it. Watched it alone in a middle of the night. Totally blew me away.

Quote:

4 - How many times have you rewatched it since?
Not much...2 or 3 times.

Quote:

5 - Any memories associated with it, that you wish to share?
After looking for it years finally found an original dvd on a store. But probably showing my huge interest for it, they didn't sell the original copy as they had only one. They told me to give them some time (days) to make couple of pirated dvd copies of it by copying it into the blank dvds. I gave them a week & requested them make a good copy for me. When I went back next week to buy & collect it from the store I found the dvd with a wrong cover. As they didn't know much about it, they used a poor photocopy cover of the remake for the dvd disc & the box. To make sure I requested them to play for me on their player. The funny thing happened when the dvd started to play...before appearing the dvd/disc options like play, scene selection, special features etc. there is the scene of Sally tied up in a chair & the camera is moving back & forth on her bloody face and she was screaming like hell. The scene & the sound instantly grabbed the attention from everyone who were inside & just outside the store at that time. Believe me...for a moment they all thought it's something very original. Slowly one after another started to ask about the movie with a jaw-dropping expression in their face. The seller at the store was freaked out too as he never checked even the original dvd until then. Only one exception was me...there was one big smile on my face with tons of satisfaction like conquering something very desirable after a long search & time.