View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
BH14

SPOILER******************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Surprisingly, that's how I felt about it, too... There were a bunch of really good jumpy moments, but there were other parts where the killers seemed to be performing more for the audience than for the victims.

I guess after seeing Ils (Them) and Inside, my standards for home invasion movies have risen a bit.

That being said, this was pretty impressive for a Hollywood horror, but overall I found it somewhat lacking.

My problem is that I can't really figure out what it needed - More suspense? More blood/gore? More torture? I am honestly not sure, which is leaving me slightly confused at the moment. To begin with, I didn't feel as though the victims were substantially isolated, which was annoying (the cabin just didn't seem incredibly isolated or cut-off). Then there were some predictable turns that didn't have a very satisfying payoff... I don't know...
Even though I still liked it, it could have been better with more "original" deaths (where's the blood? Death scene wasn't very original), MORE GORE, more of a plot and a good ending. I liked it because of the suspense, the villains and characters, plot even though it could have been better....But it isn't a movie that I would pay to watch again.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114