View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 09:48 PM
Immortal horror fan

Blood Fest -

I thought Blood Fest was ok. The movie has some funny and surprising moments. Plus a couple good death scenes.

The premise is really good. I would go to something like that if it was well done and not cheesy. I wish the movie spent more time on detailing the horror areas. Maybe going over the map before the characters get there. Or perhaps have them looking over the areas in more detail once they arrive. And that watchtower is cool too. The setup is like Disney or Amusement Parks for horror movies.

Seychelle Gabriel is pretty good in the movie. But she was good in that alien tv show as well which I still haven't finished. I liked the bad guys and was surprised to find out the the actual movie's director played the ringleader of the Blood Fest. I thought he was funny. And I would go for a sequel with him and the killer that he introduced on stage. I love his line about if you come on stage this guy will kill you. It reminded me of a good line on a stage in Doomsday. Also I did like the final twist.

I wish it didn't play to comedy as much though. Perhaps with some of the stuff going on it has to be comedic because it gets kind of crazy. But Halloween 3 played it straight so it can work if you set it up right. But still you really can't out do a movie like Scream unless you are really talented and the story is well thought out. And when you start name dropping classic horror movies you better have a good movie on your hands as it will just make the viewer want to see those classic movies. Scream hooks you from the beginning and doesn't let go. Blood Fest is too comedic and is all over the place at times. Just when you think it's going to get good and serious the comedic stuff comes up and it kept pulling me out of the movie.

The Blood Fest wiki says Hell Fest is similar and I know it's on my list as well. Perhaps it will be up on demand by the October month.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 03-19-2019 at 09:50 PM.