View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I appreciate the support, folks, I do. But back to the topic, seriously, this project will be a little while before it hits the stores. I'm very impatient, and I want people to see some of these effects!

I'll refrain from posting the title. They should call it KILLER ALIEN MOVIE. Because that's basically what it is.

While the live portions of the effects shots were being photographed here in my apartment by my friend and myself, the mailman knocked and delivered some DVDs sent as a neat present by this cute girl I know that lives really far away. She had sent: "MONSTERS, INC.," "GHOST SHIP," and "BELOW." (I hadn't seen any of these at that point.) So we put those in, and turned up the sound while we worked. Timing couldn't have been better! Finishing the work that day was enlivened considerably...

Anyway, here's another picture, and this is an image of the monster's fingernails growing before she stabs someone with them. The long fingernails were physical, real appliances, and the growing effect was digital. The fingernail appliances were actually VERY dangerously sharp, so if they look nasty, that's because they are!

Last edited by filmmaker2; 04-13-2005 at 06:22 AM.