View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:08 AM
HDC Idol

Ugh... Here we go...

I am Peter Greenaway and looking to cast Brad Pitt in my latest film, Prometheus Bound. My reason for choosing Pitt: He is the perfect physical specimen to portray the muscled Rubeneque Prometheus, a lower member of the upper class in the city of Sicyon.

Reviewing his resume, I think that he would be a good fit for my films:
In Interview with a Vampire, Pitt launched himself into the tome of horror film by portraying the sympathetic and struggling vampire, Louis, who is questioning his purpose in life (or, eternal life/death). He showed that he can be a true sympathetic character but with also an inner strength and anger to him.

In Se7en, he played Detective David Mills, a competent but short-tempered cop who eventually finds himself in over his head, at the mercy of the films antagonist. That Pitt chose to perform in this film also shows his interest in Biblical-themed horror, Se7en revolves around the Seven Deadly Sins.

In Twelve Monkeys, Pitt played Jeffrey Goines, the insane son of an exceedingly wealthy scientist. In this film he proved that he can move from high-budget Hollywood pretty boy to more experimental cinema, teaming up with the enigmatic Terry Gilliam to create an alternate reality that flirts with temporal distortion. He also showed that he can play the eccentric: The frenetically insane, and still be believable. Also, themes of decadence, greed, gluttony vs. nature ring true to me in this film.

In Sleepers, Pitt showed that he is not afraid of controversial, harsh, and gritty subject matter: child abuse. He put in a strong and believable performance.
In Meet Joe Black, Pitt played the stoic and literal personification of Death, showing that he can hold his own in the midst of existential themes. Since Death is a main theme in my movies, his role in this film particularly sparked my attention.

In Fight Club, Pitt showed a new level of strength in his eccentricity as well the ability to embrace ultra-violence and sexual perversion as a main cinematic theme. He was intriguing yet horrifying at the same time.

In Snatch, Pitt played Mickey, an Irish Boxer who is tough, frenetic, and unpredictable. He played it with fervor and a manic energy that, once again, showed his range.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!