View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I dunno... I think I must have been watching something different than everyone else, cuz I had no problem following the storylines. It's the premiere- they're setting everything up, and I think they did a good job of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the different elements connect to each other.

And Wicker is right- Jessica Lange was great.
I agree with all of this. I loved it. Well, if it makes any sense, I love the idea of it - the idea of a twisted little horror show making waves - I feel as though it was meant for ME the horror viewer... Whether I'll come to love the show, I'll have to see. I enjoyed the Pilot. It wasn't perfect, but certainly enough to make me want to keep watching. It's rare that I've seen a breath-taking Pilot.

It wasn't perfect - some of the editing was a little disjointed and frenetic - But it certainly didn't lose me. I held on to every moment - Every silly beautiful over-the-top trope. It was delightfully absurd (though, to be honest, part of me wish it pushed the envelop a little farther - maybe make the sex scenes slightly longer to make the audience squirm more... Then again the average viewer probably IS squirming and I'm... Just... Jaded).

Regardless, I can't wait for the next episode... And MAN Jessica Lange was utterly brilliant.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!