View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 03:17 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Taste the Blood of Dracula was the first Hammer Dracula I had seen when I was young, so, it has a special place in my horror-heart!
I had that impression as You've listed TTBOD a few times over the years. My first Hammer was THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES on TV, but the initial Hammer Dracula for Me was HORROR OF DRACULA on a big scream...er..Screen

101 DALMATIANS (1961)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of my favorite Disney films. Pongo (voiced by Rod Taylor of THE IME MACHINE and THE BIRDS) decides to bring romance into his owner's (called his "pet") and his life which he does. With domestic bliss and imminent arrival of puppies, all seems well until the arrival of Cruella Deville who wants to make a fur coat out of the puppies, kidnapping them and it's up to Pongo, his wife Perdita and assorted animals to stage a rescue.
Really good animation here, Pongo is cool as can be (LOVE his Grin!), and Cruella is one of the most memorable Disney villians-so loud and obnoxious, though it's quite distasteful what she wants to do; sure if this was released today, PETA would be up in arms over it.
Fond memories of taking my daughter to see this when she was little; her first picture on the big screen (a few months past two). Really enjoyed it, so we went about six months later to see it again with Mom in tow. She totally freaked out this time where Cruella is trying to run the truck off the road, so wife had to take her out into the lobby to calm her down and assuring her the puppies would be fine. ****