View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:36 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Rainbow Six Siege:
I tried playing some with my nephew... him showing me how to play, and then watching each other take a turn playing with online players. Cool game. Five-vs-five hostage rescue, bomb defuse, type of games (like Counter-strike and hostage/bomb defuse in Call of Duty games).

The newer features of this game is destructible walls and floors, adding a more realistic aspect. Also has a lot more tech features, like video cameras, seeing through walls. One item analyses thermal footsteps and then displays where that enemy is. Also, a character can wound an enemy, "interrogate" him, and then displays where all the enemy team members are.

A PC gamer like me will take a long time to get decent at it, that is trying to aim with the thumb joystick (analog stick) (rather than keyboard/mouse)… not to mention using a controller for everything else as well, shooting, moving etc. I've played a lot of this mode type in Call of Duty games.

Whereas I was fairly useless to my team (and one guy entered a vote to kick me after my first round), I was able to share some strategy advice to my nephew, particularly when to use a cooked or stun/flash bang grenade.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night:
Just started playing this modern-day scroller, in the Castlevania mode. Again, getting used to using a controller with this.

It's ok so far. I really enjoyed the old Duke Nukem side scrollers 30 years ago, and enjoyed playing Castlevania on Nintendo 20 years ago. But where I might replay a Duke emulator (or Zelda/Nintendo), after playing Castlevania once, I'm not interested in replaying it.

After a few death's fighting the first level's boat boss, I looked up how to beat it on youtube. I'd normally want to figure it out myself, but I wasn't so interested in this.
I started a topic about Bloodstained way back but no one was interested.

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65942

I'm going to play it myself when all my Kickstarter items show up. Probably during the October month.