Thread: Hitchcock
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
To you and Urge:

I agree with you guys, because that's not really my point. I don't always mind remakes...hell I absolutely LOVED The Amityville Horror and Dawn of the Dead remakes. What I'm saying is that hollywood ij just getting dumber, because there just isn't any creativity anymore. No fresh ideas. What the hell are they gonna remake in 20 years?! THE REMAKES?!?! It just pisses me off how they can't leave movies alone, pretty much every single movie soming out will either be remade or will have a sequel, prequel, etc...
See that is always my point. I don't really have a problem with remakes. There are several remakes that I really like; I also loved the Dawn of the Dead remake even though it doesn't touch the original. The Fly was much better than the original in my opinion. One of my favorite movies, Freaks was technically a remake. I just believe there are way too many remakes these days. No it isn't a new thing, but there was a time when there were more original films than remakes being released. Now it doesn't seem like they even try to put anything new out there. Like you say, it feels like ever other movie released is a remake. No effort is made to put anything new out there. And usually when they do these "reimaginings", they don't pay proper respect to the material it was based upon.

And I am mainly talking about horror films here.

Last edited by jenna26; 06-01-2005 at 04:32 PM.