View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:10 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
The numbers will keep going up, tests or no test without a complete shut down. They are talking about people in jails getting the virus. Obviously people in jail aren't going to China. So either a few recent arrests allowed the virus to get into the jail system. Or people who worked at the jail contaminated it by going about business as usual.

Plus we have a so called US President who says 100,000 Americans dead is basically a good job. Republicans would have impeached Obama for something like that. It's called failure to protect American citizens.

This is real simple. Start April 1st.

1. Shut down everything except essentials.

2. No one goes anywhere except for food, medicine, hospital, or money.

3. Have police at the essential areas to maintain distance if necessary. I think they did this in Italy. It still took a while for their numbers to slow because the virus lives for a while. And you'll need 2 to 3 weeks for symptoms to show in people.

Tests are fine. But positive tests will still get you quarantine. And I think the numbers in the United States are such that tracing contacts almost doesn't matter anymore. At least not until we get the numbers under control again. Or in smaller population areas. New York for example is way out of control. Perhaps if someone gets the virus in a small town you can figure that out pretty easily.
Start April 1st you say? April Fools Day?

Ohio established your rules from the get-go -- that is when the Governor knew coivd19 was here. I figure they helped immensely, but we still have what we have.

The US now has twice the infections that China had, and 1/5 of the world's infections; and NY/NJ is half of all US cases. Is that the in-your-face effect? Per capita, that's extremely worse than China, and I don't know how much 'covid19' has mutated; but then China has many years of experience squashing the curve (they've dealt with SARS). Per capita, there are six European countries, plus Iran, that have done worse than the US. The US is considered a more extra-personal-space country than most of the world, so that helps.

Trump has 'allowed' the states to enact their own procedures, while facilitating the automatic fed/world agency' advice, which, although this is unprecedented, is not only the norm, but probably wise. NY may need to do things differently than Montana. Trump is, evidently pushing companies to produce virus related supplies. I don't know what you wanted Trump to do... but besides a quicker and more seriously delivered speech, like from Obama, I don't think the Oval Office' response would have been markedly different, in my opinion.

What's going on in your state?

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-31-2020 at 10:07 PM.