View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:57 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The Den - Probably one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, which might be because it hits so close to home in my generation. The Den takes place entirely on a laptop, and it's about a woman who witnesses a murder on a chat roulette site. It goes off the deep end a little bit at the end, but it's still a really effective and memorable movie.

Absentia - This one is directed by Mike Flanagan, who directed Oculus, so if you liked that, you'll probably like Absentia. It's about a widow whose husband went missing 9 years ago, and he suddenly comes back, claiming that a monster in a nearby tunnel is responsible for his absence. Absentia is a good example of what's come to be known as "quiet horror", where not much really happens, but the dark themes make up most of the scares.
More people need to see these movies. At least Absentia got some attention since the director also did Oculus and Hush, but not a lot of people have seen The Den. I believe it's still streaming on Netflix. HIGHLY recommended.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!