View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
That fucking Guy...

Freddy VS Jason VS Ash (series 2) - The Nightmare Warriors #2.
I didn't think all that much of the first FVJVA series, or even too much of the first issue of this one...though all that has changed with this latest issue, they're finally doing it right.
Not to overly spoil anything, but Freddy is in hell again, as is Jason by the time this second series starts. Now how Jason gets out is just, whatever...how Freddy gets out is quite interesting.
In this series we have a "survivors group" of both Jason and Freddy, an organisation running it that has an ulterior motive, we have Ash as always getting bought into any problems related to the necronomicon, meanwhile we have another group scientifically analysing the book for research about how to harvest the power of the undead into a weapon/army.
You get to see Freddy unlike you've EVER seen him before, trust me, it's worth it.
Oh, and there's a character from one of the movie series that looks to play a pretty major part that I think some fans will be happy to see.

Check it out, for once, the F/J/A thing is actually pretty good right now - they could totally relaunch the movies with an idea like this one.

Also - Chew #2
God, I just love this comic!
This issue "Eat a decomposing finger for the greater good", and a fucking GREAT fight scene.
Ha, the "flashback" type scenes are pretty good, kind've like something out of Six Feet Under, only more fucked up.
I've said it before, I'll say it again - Get this comic.
If you're after something not so run-of-the-mill, it's not to be missed.
Can't wait to get some feedback on this one.

Amazing Spider-Man #600.
Even though I hate the BND thing, this was a damn good issue. Check it out if any copies are still around.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-23-2009 at 05:55 PM.