View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Given the fact that most critics review a movie as soon as they see it, and they usually see it before the general public, I'm writing this review in November 1984...I hope that's not against the rules for this test...Anyway, here goes:

I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from Wes Craven, the guy who created such drivel as The Last House On The Left, Swamp Thing, and The Hills Have Eyes...But it seems that he was actually ATTEMPTING to fail with this newest creation.

His 'stars' in this film consist of a virtuallly unknown B movie actor, who has appeared in films that almost no one has seen, such as Eaten Alive, Dead and Buried and Galaxy Of Terror...as well as a few tiny bit parts in some random television shows...I mean seriously, who has heard of Robert Englund?...And where did they dig up this Johnny Depp and Heather Langenkamp?...Maybe these people were 'friends of a friend' types, and someone owed someone a favor...Are these people even actors?

Okay, lets move past the fact that this movie has no real actors, and onto the storyline...Or should I say "stolen plot"?...A guy who kills people in their dreams, umm, excuse me, but didn't we just see this in DREAMSCAPE, and wasn't it bad enough the first time?

And to top it all off, the ending wasn't even an ENDING.

So, what was the motivation behind this movie?...Was this an attempt to jump onto the current 'teen slasher' bandwagon?...Prom Night, Sleepaway Camp and Friday The Thirteenth were bad enough, why would someone want to perpetuate this type of nonsense?...Oh well, I suppose this is what can be expected from a hack like Wes Craven.

If someone wants to make a GOOD film with a bunch of teenagers in it, that really captures the attention (and the box office receipts) of that target group, they should take a few pointers from some GOOD movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Sixteen Candles

I can't even give this movie a 1/10...It has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, not even a popular actor or an original plot...This was just bad all the way around

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be