View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
The Night of the Living Dead. If you watch this film, you'll become one of them.... Bored to death! What a slow paced, poorly acted, scored and written pile of crap this was! I'm tempted to track this George Romero fella down and demand a refund on the past 90 minutes of my life!

This film was so atrocious that I don't even know where to begin... Each and every one of these characters was so unlikable that I was crossing my fingers and hoping for them to become zombie chow. , Ben (Duane Jones. If you said "Who?" don't feel bad, so did I.), the "hero" actually kills a human in cold blood. Barbra is played by Judith O'Dey. (I hear she's making a comeback.... Talk about Night of the Living Dead!) She spends the majority of the film whining about her brother or screaming hysterically. Annoying and idiotic , we're stuck viewing hateable characters that make nothing but foolish decisions leading to their inevitable demise. One female character is even dumb enough to run foolishly from a secured house out in to the middle of a zombie vs. human brawl that happens to be taking place next to a gas pump and seek refuge in the truck. (How does she think that'll turn out well?)

Truthfully, I was rooting for the zombies in this one, which wasn't easy because due to their pitiful makeup jobs, it was difficult to tell them from the humans. Black and white may have been used to enhance the scariness factor, but my belief is that it was used to conceal the lousy special FX that seem to abound in this pile of rubbish.

The score is uninspired and cliche right from the start, which is probably why the entire Music Department chose to go uncredited. (Or maybe the film budget just couldn't afford 5 more credits.)

The story... What story? The plot is very thinly explained but evidently an asteroid has landed on Earth and the dead have risen from their grave to feast on humans. Barbra makes her way to an 'abandoned' farmhouse that actually already has 5 inhabitants hiding out in the basement. Then our hero, Ben, shows up out of nowhere to make 7 residents in a house that was supposedly abandoned to begin with. Then the humans must fend off the approaching zombie menace until the military arrives to "save" the day. Not much story there if you ask me. I got the sense that this was a film made by a bunch of college buddies that were clowning around with a camera than I did the sense that this was a major motion picture, but then I realize that, given a whole weekend, a the average joe clowning around with a camera could probably churn out something far more enjoyable than this.

I can only bring myself to recommend this to people that are allergic to NyQuil because the only thing this yawner is good for is putting the people to sleep.

Do yourself a favor, stay away from this like it's carrying some kind of flesh eating zombie boredom virus that you don't want to catch!

I give it an F-

Which stands for F-CK THIS MOVIE!

3 entries by the Ogres have been submitted.

I request all Judges to evaluate them and send me their grades. And also, please post your criticisms, if you have any.

The Second Test for the Goblins will be up once I receive all the grades from the Judges.