Thread: The Den
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDreamWarrior View Post
The only new age found footage horror movies I like is V/H/S (2012), V/H/S 2 (2013), and The Den (2013). V/H/S Viral (2014) disappointed me and I don't consider it a part of the V/H/S canon. The Blair Witch Project (1999) was good, but not my favorite found footage film. I have yet to see Cloverfield (2008). Cannibal Holocaust (1980) was messed up! I heard they really killed a tortoise for that film. I love horror films but I don't condone killing off a living creature just to get a shot.

If it was in today's age, the found footage may be on a hard drive, Blu-Ray, DVD, or cloud storage. I remember Halloween Resurrection (2002) did a Live Stream kind of found footage thing, but please let's never discuss Halloween Resurrection, again. Resurrection and the Halloween movies thereafter have been terrible, in my opinion.
Cloverfield is great. You should check it out. Yes Cannibal Holocaust really did kill animals on film but if it helps, the animals were given to the natives for food so it wasnt wasted.

Agreed Halloween Resurrection was awful. The worst in the franchise before H2 came along. I enjoyed and respected what Rob Zombie did in the first half of the first remake but the final part really fell flat probably because of him humanizing Michael Myers, the one killer from that era who should've never been humanized