View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I'd just GIVE you the movie though, it didn't really do much for me.
Yeah, I just started it, but couldn't get through it. There's a point where I get far enough into a female exploitation film and I just start feeling... depressed.

I can appreciate it intellectually as a pure genre piece (it's interesting to see some pure Asian Grindhouse cinema) and I can definitely enjoy the JA Schoolgirl take on the female prison movie (hey - I like Girl-On-Girl S&M just as much as the next guy... Both ironically and... Uhm... Well... you know)... But in terms of pure visceral reaction... there's a point where the OldMan-On-Girl action... Just doesn't sit well with me.

Not really my cup of tea, I guess. I can't say that I hated it because as a Grindhouse exploitation piece, it was pretty damn good... The genre, well, as Des said, just doesn't do much for me.

I think I would have enjoyed it more as a lesbian softcore. But, well, then it wouldn't be exploitative schlock, eh?

Hey, Doc - This is amongst your Top 100 list... I want to hear your take on the film... Not setting up an argument; I just honestly see you as someone who watches films both for enjoyment AND intellectual fulfillment - I want to know why you, personally, recommend this film (again - Not being belligerent. I honestly want to know your opinion).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!