View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 AM
HDC Idol

I thought that The Grudge remake was actually better than the original Ju-on. That Takashi Shimizu had the pleasure of directing them both, it shows that he was willing to make edits to his good, but flawed first film. The Grudge remake is one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

I have no problem with remakes if they endeavor to correct the mistakes of the original. And the original Ju-on suffered from some poor editing and meandering storylines. I feel as though he really corrected himself with the remake.

The only other remake that I've seen (and thought was decent) was Pulse. I can't really understand why people hate it so much; it's great at creating atmosphere, it creates FANTASTIC ghosties, and the end is great.

Then again I haven't seen the original - I need to get on that.

Re: Spielberg, Smith, and Oldboy. ... I think that Steven and Will should be shot in the face. Point blank. No judge, no jury. Just executed.

I can't blame Chan-Wook Park, though, for handing over the rights. Considering the absurdly beautiful movies he turns over again and again - He just got financing for his next dream. So I'm looking at it THAT way: While the American Oldboy will be a bastardized version of a perfect film, the selling of its rights will (hopefully) give Park more funds to continue doing what he does - Creating jaw-droppingly beautiful art.

So, thank you, Spielberg, for giving my favorite director of all time funding for his NEXT project of greatness; greatness that you will never achieve.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!